UAS Darkroom Call-out
Untitled Art Society (UAS) is looking for an individual or collective to rent the UAS Darkroom either for personal or public use. Preference will be given to individuals or collectives who are interested in sub-leasing the space to community members or to those who plan to facilitate public workshops.
Over the next six months, UAS will be busy developing a long-term strategy for the UAS darkroom with the aim of increasing our ability to maintain and facilitate this important public space, including the possibility of allowing direct facilitation of the space by community members or collectives.
Available June 1st, 2015
Rental rate: $450/month plus damage and key deposit
Lease: Six months with possibility of renewal
Darkroom must be returned to original state following the rental period.
The UAS Darkroom includes:
• 1 Omega Pro Lab and 1 Besler 4 x 5 black and white enlarger
• Accommodates 35 mm and 4 x 5 film formats for printing
• One 21x26x12 inch stainless steel rinse sink
• One approximately 6x2 foot 6 inch x 7 inch deep fiberglass developing sink
• Trays, tongs and developing tanks as well as a table top paper cutter
• Communal light table
• Chemistry and paper storage
Proposals will be reviewed as they are received.
To be considered, please submit the following to info@UAScalgary.org:
• Letter of Intent: Clearly indicate how you intend to utilize the darkroom space, any programming or projects that you have planned, and any other details relevant to your application
• CV including full contact information
Untitled Art Society aims to support Calgary's arts communities by maintaining and programming various facilities including affordable studio and darkroom space.
UAS Studio Spaces:
• are safe and secure
• offer a local community of artists
• maintain 24/7 access for all studio members
• offer private, lockable studio spaces
• offer basic office facilities
• offer use of common space for artistic projects
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 403-262-7911.
SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: